An AeroPress is one of the best ways to brew a cup. It's a fast, simple, and travel-friendly technique that delivers maximum taste. AeroPress brews are also unique in that they occupy a space between pour-overs and espresso.
When it comes to brewing MycoFi with an AeroPress, we found that it brews like any other high quality specialty coffee. We also liked using a metal filter to achieve a fuller body brew.
For inspiration, check out this recipe from Wendelien van Bunnik (2019 World AeroPress Champion)
Coffee to Water Ratio: 300g/L or 72g/cup
Time: 5 mins
The recipe (inverted method)
- Coarsely grind 30g of beans (think French Press style grind)
- Pour 100g of water (92°C) into the grinds, over 10 seconds.
- Stir firmly - 20 times in 10 seconds.
- Place the filter cap with rinsed filter (Aesir Filter) on the brewer and gently press out excess air.
- At 40 seconds, flip the AeroPress and gently press out all coffee. You should end up with roughly 60g of extracted coffee.
- Add 100g of water to the extracted coffee.
- Taste and add more water until the desired strength.
- Cool the brew down and enjoy!