Brewing with a French Press (Cafetière, if you're fancy 🎩) is the preferred method at MycoFi. We love it for its simplicity and full-bodied brew! It also facilitates Maximum Mushroom Goodness, given the the filter's inherent porosity.
Simply grind and brew as you would with any other high-quality specialty coffee.
If you're up for something new, we recommend the James Hoffman method:
Coffee to Water Ratio: 70-75g/L or 18g/cup
Time: 15 mins
- Boil water.
- Measure, grind, and add MycoFi to your French Press.
- Pour water over coffee, and ensure all the grounds are covered. No need to stir.
- Let sit for 4 minutes without the lid and filter.
- After 4 minutes, use a spoon to carefully break up the surface while trying to not disturb the sediment at the bottom. Skim any residual scum from the top.
- Let sit for another 5-7 minutes, again without the lid and filter. This period allows for further settling of any sediment.
- After 5-7 minutes, gently secure the lid, BUT DO NOT PLUNGE! Instead, lower the plunger just below the liquid's surface and use as a strainer.
- Pour and enjoy a brain-boosting, full-bodied, and silt-free brew!